Doppler Volume Sampler™ (DVS).
By popular demand, our newly released Doppler Volume
Sampler™ (DVS) is now available for 6000M operation. Teledyne RD Instruments'
low-power DVS is ideally suited for your long-term shallow -- and now deep-water
-- moored current measurement applications. The DVS can provide substantially
improved data quality over traditional single point solutions, allowing for up
to 5 bins of high resolution velocity data over a range of up to 5M. The DVS
offers you the proven precision and reliability that Teledyne RDI is known for
in a package and price point that meets your needs.
The new low power DVS offers an advanced alternative to single point current meters, offering up to 5 bins of high resolution data, plus the following unique technology advantages.
» Read about our latest DVS product enhancements!
Frequency: 2400 kHz
Max range: 3 to 5 meters
Min blank zone: 2 cm
Number bins: 1-5
Depth rating: 750 m/6000 m
Download DVS Datasheet >>click here
DVS Application Notes
>> view app notes
DVS Data Samples
DVS Software - as easy as 1-2-3
Not sure which ADCP is right for you? Consult our product selection guide >>download PDF
DVS Product FAQs
- New high accuracy compass and extended deployment life mode now available. Standard on new instruments. (Contact Teledyne RDI to upgrade existing units)
- Four-beam Janus configuration for a profile of the error velocity - high error velocities in the near bins would indicate inhomogeneous flow due to the mooring line.
- High precision: The DVS measures velocity profiles
at up to 40 times per second, allowing mm/s precision at a 1 Hz update rate.
- Multi-tasking capability: The DVS can be programmed to run a pre-configured sampling strategy, which need not be interrupted should the operator decide to communicate with the DVS to download data or command additional samples.
- Optional next-generation internal inductive modem and high-precision (0.005 °C) thermistor, both from Sea-Bird Electronics, Inc.
- High sample-rate solid-state compass/tilt sensor: measures at up to 15 Hz, which we use to help identify periods of mooring line strumming in the data.
Want to learn more?
Click here to download the paper Jerry Mullison presented
at Oceans 2006: "Innovative
Current Profiling Technology for Moored Applications" (264K); Oceans
2006 Boston, Exhibitor Product Showcase, by Jerry Mullison, Teledyne RD Instruments.
Click here to download the paper Paul Devine presented at CMTC 2008: "Test
and Evaluation of the Doppler Volume Sampler (DVS) Acoustic Doppler Current Profile
(ADCP)" (524K); IEEE/OES/CMTC Ninth Working
Conference on Current Measurement Technology 2008, Exhibitor Paper, by Paul Devine,
Teledyne RD Instruments and Murray D. Scotney, Bedford Institute of Oceanography.
Click here to download the paper presented at Oceanology International 2008
and published in Underwater Technology Vol. 27, No. 4, 2008: "Development
and field testing of the Doppler Volume Sampler" ; by PE Plimpton,
Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration,
US Department of Commerce, Seattle, Washington, USA and JW Mullison, Teledyne
RD Instruments, Poway, California, USA.
Doppler Volume Sampler (DVS) Application Notes
>>Click here to discover how NOAA PMEL plans to use Teledyne RDI’s new DVS.
Have an application you'd like to share?
We'd love to hear from you! (And, as a token of our appreciation, we'll send you a special gift!)
Please fill in this brief online form; and e-mail any accompanying photos or data sets to MNewcombe@teledyne.com.
Short on time? Contact Margo to schedule a quick telephone interview.
Doppler Volume Sampler (DVS) FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
>>Click here for DVS FAQs
Looking for more information?
Contact the Marine Measurements group for immediate assistance. >>contact info